The Metrolink Board of Directors adopted changes to the Personal Care Attendant (PCA) free ride policy. PCAs are now required to obtain a Metrolink issued PCA ID Card to continue riding without purchasing a ticket. The policy will go into effect on March 3, 2014.
This application should be completed by an individual seeking to apply for a Metrolink Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Identification Card (Metrolink PCA ID Card). The PCA will be allowed to accompany assigned passenger with a disability on Metrolink trains at no additional cost. A PCA ID is honored in lieu of a Metrolink ticket ONLY while accompanying a passenger with a disability during the duration of their trip onboard Metrolink trains, otherwise appropriate fare is required. Only one (1) PCA is allowed per passenger.
Metrolink staff conducts regular fare inspections and PCA ID Cards must be available prior to boarding and for the duration of the trip. PCA ID Cards are NOT transferrable to any other connecting transit agencies.
Each PCA is assigned to an individual with a disability. Every PCA requires a PCA ID card; however, only one (1) PCA may accompany a qualifying passenger.
Metrolink PCA ID Cards are valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase. An administrative fee of $25 is required to process this application. Lost or stolen cards may be replaced for a fee of $15. Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
All applications must be mailed as indicated. No applications will be accepted at the Metrolink ticket windows.
To complete the application, the following must be included with full payment for all requested PCA ID cards. All applications must be signed and completed by the individual applying for the Metrolink PCA ID Card with the items indicated below. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
1. First and last name of PCA and name of person with disability printed legibly.
2. Photo of PCA in traditional passport configuration.
3. Proof of PCA applicant’s identity. Please include a photocopy, front and back, of one of the following forms of photo identification:
4. Signed application.
5. First and last name of PCA and name of person with disability printed legibly.
6. Proof of eligibility for the person with a disability. The following cards must be valid, and not expired. The disabled passenger must have proof of disability, which is current (within expiration period) in order for the PCA ID card to be valid.
Please include a photocopy; front and back of any of the qualifying documents:
7. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
HOW TO GET AN APPLICATION
Please mail completed form with full payment to:
Metrolink / PCA
PO Box 861837
Los Angeles CA 90086-1837