All kinds of groups have fun traveling on Metrolink while enjoying the discounted rates. Whether you're planning a school group excursion, a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop adventure, or taking a trip with a group of friends, Metrolink is the economical and carefree way to get where you're going.
- Price $3.00 per student or chaperon round-trip or one-way
- Minimum 1 chaperon per 10 students, maximum 1 chaperon per 5 students. 1 to 1 ratio permitted on students with disabilities. (All other adults must purchase tickets from Ticket Vending Machine on day of travel).
- NO transfers to connecting transit will be provided
- Students ages 5 - 18 and/or attending K - 12 regardless of age
- Minimum group size is 15
- Weekend School Trips not allowed
- Limited space available
Booking a School Group Trip
Booking a school group trip on Metrolink is as easy as 1, 2, and 3!
- Call (800) 371-5465 (LINK) to make your reservation with Metrolink. Reservations must be made six week prior to travel.
- Send in payment 30 days prior to travel.
- Looking to transfer onto on Metro Rail or bus? Please call Metro’s student field trip reservation number at 213-922-4048.
- For groups of 15 or more persons, maximum 50
- Round-trip tickets cost $12.00 per person plus a $2.50 processing fee per order, all ages, for same day travel
- Final payment must be received 14 days prior to the trip date
- Transfers to most municipal operators
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance at (800) 371-5465 (LINK)
- Limited space available during off-peak periods