Right of Way (ROW) Encroachment
The Track & Signal (T&S) Department plays a critical role in the maintenance of Metrolink’s Track and Signal Infrastructure, ensuring a safe and effective operating environment for trains and passengers. In addition to maintaining the tracks and signals, the Track & Signal Department oversees the coordination and oversight of 3rd party entry onto the Metrolink Right of Way. This ensures that all 3rd party projects are conducted in a safe manner around active train tracks, comply with all Metrolink, State, and Federal Regulations, and ensure compatibility with Metrolink’s infrastructure and operations. If you have a project that will be conducted on or within close proximity of the Metrolink Right of Way, please fill out a Temporary Right of Entry Agreement and submit the agreement and required fees to the Right of Way Coordinator (contact information listed below). Your cooperation helps ensure a safe and effective operating environment for everyone.
Submit Applications to: [email protected]
SCRRA - Pomona Office
2700 Melbourne Ave
Pomona, CA 91767
Events or Parades Across a Railroad Crossing
- For a planned events, such as a marathon, fair or parade, occurring over or near a Railroad Crossing please fill out SCRRA Form 7 Special Events Railroad Crossing Notification and submit to [email protected]
- This will alert our Operations Department who will notify and slow trains in advance of the crossing during the scheduled event.
- This form is not intended to be used as a request for access for any construction activities, surveying, potholing, boring, environmental analysis, filming, photography, or other activities requiring a Right-of-Way Encroachment agreement.
- In case of track, signal, or grade crossing problems, contact Metrolink’s 24/7 toll-free emergency number: (888) 446-9721. The telephone number and grade crossing numbers are assigned by the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and can be found on the signal house and crossing gates at each grade crossing.
- Underground Service Alert of California (DIGALERT) at (800) 227-2600 or 811, railway companies, and utility companies shall be notified prior to performing any excavation close to any underground pipeline, conduit, duct, wire, or other structure.
- SCRRA is not a member of DIGALERT, it is, therefore, necessary to call SCRRA Signal Department at (909) 592-1346 to mark, at Public Agency or Contractor’s cost and expense, signal and communication cables and conduits.
Director, Track & Signal Infrastructure Maintenance
Assistant Director, Track & Structures
- Process and Procedures
- Site Specific Work Plan
- Right of Entry Encroachment Forms
- SCRRA Form No. 4 – Agreement for Moving Oversized Loads over Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (Updated 06-03-2022)
- SCRRA Form No. 5 – Indemnification and Assumption of Liability Agreement (Updated 06-03-2022)
- SCRRA Form No. 6 – Temporary Right-of-Entry Agreement (Updated 06-03-2022)
- SCRRA Form No. 7 – Special Events Railroad Crossing Notification (Updated 06-03-2022)
- SCRRA Form No. 37 – Rules and Requirements for Construction on Railway Property
- Train Traffic Density
- Train Traffic Density Exhibit for SCRRA System (Updated 01-29-2019)