All kinds of groups have fun traveling on Metrolink while enjoying the discounted rates. Whether planning a school group excursion, a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop adventure, or taking a trip with a group of friends, Metrolink is the economical and carefree way to get you to your destination.
- Price is $3.00 per student or chaperone—Round-Trip or One-Way ticket.
- Minimum 1 chaperone per 10 students; maximum 1 chaperone per 5 students; 1 to 1 ratio permitted for students with disabilities. Additional riders who are not chaperones must purchase full-fare tickets through the Metrolink mobile app or at a station ticket machine.
- School trip vouchers do not include transfers to connecting transit.
- Students must be aged 5 - 18 and/or attending K - 12.
- Minimum group size is 15.
- Trips are available weekdays only.
- Limited space available.
How to Book a School Group Trip
- Call Metrolink's Customer Service Center at (800) 371-LINK (5465) to make a reservation.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of six weeks before the trip date.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the date of the trip.
- Board the train with your valid travel voucher.
Transferring to Metro
A separate reservation is required if you wish to transfer onto the Metro system. Please call Metro’s student field trip reservation number at (213) 922-4080 or email: [email protected].
- For groups of 15 or more persons, maximum 50.
- Round-Trip tickets cost $12.00 per person (all ages), plus a $2.50 processing fee per order, for same day travel.
- Payment deadline is three weeks prior to trip date.
- Tickets transfer to most municipal operators.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance at (800) 371-LINK (5465).
- Limited space available during off-peak periods.