SCORE Means More for SoCal
SCORE is a $10 billion capital improvement program — grade crossing, station and signal improvements as well as track additions and work that accelerates progress towards Metrolink's zero-emissions future. Improvements that allow some cities to apply for quiet zones. Southern California is growing. We must do more to serve Southern California's growing population, to meet the state's ambitious goals to reduce greenhouse gases and improve access to affordable housing and other opportunities.
Metrolink's Southern California Optimized Rail Expansion (SCORE) program is an ambitious capital program that will upgrade Metrolink's system in time for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
SCORE projects will be completed starting in 2023, with the program complete by 2028.
With SCORE the region gets more:
- MORE safety improvements
- MORE peak and off-peak rail service
- MORE access to job centers and affordable housing
- MORE seamless connections to other rail providers
- MORE jobs and economic development
- And healthier air for all
Metrolink's Economic Potential
The Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) was commissioned to produce a study (pdf) assessing the impact of the construction investment of the SCORE program. The benefits from SCORE will make the region increasingly attractive for the millions projected to arrive in SoCal in 2028 and create regional prosperity in the decades to come.
News on SCORE
- Metrolink Set To Invest $10 Billion For Rail Improvements, Impacting Santa Clarita - December 23, 2019
- Metrolink is gifted $91.2 million for rail safety improvements - October 22, 2019
- Metrolink Upgrades to Include More Double-Tracking in Saugus - August 23, 2019
- Metrolink Gets $91.2M From State for Rail Safety Improvements - October 19, 2018
- State Provides Metrolink with $91.2 million for Rail Safety Improvements - October 18, 2018
- Reimagining Rail Metrolink’s Vision for Train Travel in Southern California is Moving Closer to Reality - October 2018
- Metrolink Awarded $6.5 million State Grant toward Rail Improvement Program - August 29, 2018
- Metrolink SCORE(s) state funds for regional rail improvements - August 23, 2018
- L.A. Metrolink receives funding to improve rail ahead of 2028 Olympics - August 20, 2018
- State Approves More Than $1.2 billion in SB1 and Cap and Trade Funds for SoCal Rail to Improve Service, Ease Freeway Traffic - April 27, 2018
- LAEDC Study: Metrolink’s Economic Potential: Southern California Optimized Rail Expansion (SCORE) (pdf)
- Connect SoCal Passenger Rail Technical Report (pdf)