General Contest Rules & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Introduction: These rules apply to all contests, competitions, prize draws, promotions, giveaways (Contest) promoted on and run through our website, email campaigns, and social media channels. To enter a Contest, you must enter as directed on our website, email campaign, or social media channels. Promotions on social media are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or any other social network.
2. Eligibility: Contests are open only to those who enter as directed on our website, email campaign, or social media channels, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of California and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Metrolink, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Metrolink as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Contest.
4. Contest Period: A competition shall open for entries at the time and on the date specified on our website, email campaign, and/or social media channels, and similarly, shall close to entries at the time and on the date specified on the website, email campaign, and social media channels. Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those for Pacific Time. Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the Contest.
5. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry as directed on the website, email campaign, or social media channels. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Metrolink. One (1) unique entry per person. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by Metrolink in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. Metrolink reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
6. Prizes: The winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive the prize stated on the website, email campaign, or social media channels. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Metrolink. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Metrolink’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Metrolink to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected as stated on the website, campaign email, or social media channels under the supervision of Metrolink. Winner will be notified by email or social media channels, according to the website, campaign email, or social media channels within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Metrolink shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT METROLINK‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Metrolink, anyone acting on behalf of Metrolink, and Metrolink’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Metrolink. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Metrolink from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Metrolink may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: Metrolink reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Metrolink’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Metrolink may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Metrolink. Metrolink reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Metrolink has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Metrolink reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Metrolink and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in CALIFORNIA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these General Contest Rules & Conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Metrolink, ATTN: Metrolink Contests, 900 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
15. Social Media Contests: No purchase is necessary to enter. One (1) unique entry per person is permitted. Winner(s) will receive the prize noted in the copy of the social media post. Contests on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are independent of one another despite having an identical prize.
Random Drawings: To enter on Facebook or Instagram, tag a valid social media account in the comments of the social media post in which the contest is announced. To enter on Twitter, retweet the social media post in which the contest is announced. Contest start and completion dates are noted in the copy of the social media post. Metrolink is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, typing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. Winners will be selected by a random drawing from all valid entries the same date as the contest’s completion. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next drawing.
Writing Contests: To enter, complete the writing prompt provided in the social media post announcing the contest in the comments (or replies) of that post. Contest start and completion dates are noted in the copy of the social media post. Metrolink is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, typing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. Winners will be selected by a predetermined panel of Metrolink judges.
Scavenger Hunt, Speed Test, or Trivia Contest: Winners will be determined according to the timestamp in which a correct entry is received:
- Scavenger Hunt Contest: Prizes are hidden at a Metrolink Station. The first to find the prize is its winner.
- Speed Contest: The first to perform the action specified in the social media post (i.e. emailing [email protected]) is the winning entry.
- Trivia Contest: The first to answer the trivia question specified in the social media post is the winning entry.