Codeshare is a program Metrolink created, in partnership with Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, that allows Metrolink ticket holders to ride all Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains between Los Angeles Union Station and Ventura on weekdays and weekends.
Codeshare provides customers with valid tickets for either rail service more train options between LA Union Station and Ventura County. It runs as a pilot program, currently slated to end June 30, 2024.
How does codeshare work?
All Metrolink ticket holders can now travel on codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains within the station pairs of their ticket:
- For southbound travel from Ventura County to LA, catch a ride on A770, A774, A784, A790, or A794 on both weekdays and weekends.
- If you're headed northbound from LA to Ventura County, choose from A761, A765, A769, A777, or A785, available on both weekdays and weekends.
- The codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains are available seven days a week, including Saturday and Sunday.
- You can use codeshare anytime, unless otherwise noted. Due to expected high travel due to the Thanksgiving holiday, codeshare will not apply during November 22-27, 2023.
- The codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains give Ventura County Line riders access to the Ventura - Downtown / Beach station. Metrolink trains will serve this station in the future.
- Codeshare also works on Antelope Valley Line between LA Union Station and Burbank – Downtown only.
- To ride codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains, riders must be in possession of a valid Metrolink ticket between valid station pairs.
PASSENGERS MUST FOLLOW AMTRAK SURFLINER RULES
- Riders with bicycles require a valid Amtrak ticket with complimentary bike reservation. Details can be found here.
- Personal care attendants (PCAs) must purchase a ticket.
- Passengers traveling with service animals should make a reservation with Amtrak. Click here for details about traveling with service animals on Amtrak.
- One child under the age of two (2) may ride free with a paying adult. Registration is not required for children.
- At this time, the Metrolink Kids Ride Free on Weekends promotion is not valid on Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains.
- Answers to additional questions about Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains can be found here and below under FAQ.
All Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains running between Ventura - Downtown / Beach station and Los Angeles Union Station on the Ventura County Line.
The codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains stop at all Metrolink stations except Ventura - East station. Also, select trains do not stop at Burbank-Downtown and Northridge stations.
The Ventura - Downtown / Beach Station is located at 39 E. Harbor Blvd. in Ventura. It is along E. Harbor Boulevard between Figueroa Street and Ventura Avenue across the street from the parking lot serving the Ventura County Fairgrounds and Event Center. Metrolink trains currently do not serve this station but will in the future. The codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains give Ventura County Line riders access to this station.
Due to expected high travel due to the Thanksgiving holiday, codeshare will not apply during November 22-27, 2023. Outside of that, you can use codeshare anytime unless otherwise noted.
Customers with a Metrolink ticket or pass cannot bring bicycles on board codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains. Cyclists require a bicycle reservation, which is complimentary with paid Amtrak tickets. Amtrak tickets and bike reservations can be obtained by visiting Amtrak.com, at Quik-Trak ticketing machines, from station ticket agents, or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Yes, all Metrolink tickets and passes are valid on codeshare Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains. However, riders with bicycles require a valid Amtrak ticket with complimentary bike reservation and Metrolink's Kids Ride Free promotion is not valid on Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains.
No. This monthly pass holder benefit only applies to Metrolink operated trains, not codeshare trains. For details, please visit the Metrolink Ticket and Passes page here.