$15 SUMMER DAY PASS
We're excited to be bringing back the $15 Summer Day Pass offered weekdays beginning Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, September 1. The Summer Day Pass provides unlimited rides on one weekday of travel throughout the Metrolink system. Details of the new pass:
- Valid for unlimited travel on one weekday (Monday through Friday) during promotion period.
- Valid for travel system-wide on all seven lines.
- One pass per customer – pass is non-transferable.
- Available on the Metrolink Mobile App and at station ticket machines.
- No advance purchase - must be used on date of purchase.
- Valid for all fare types at $15 per customer.
- Valid for hundreds of free transit transfers including to LA Metro buses, shuttles, rail, and subway lines as well as codeshare trains
- Earn 50 SoCal Explorer points when submitted for redemption.
- Not valid on the following holiday Mondays: Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. Riders may purchase the $10 Holiday Pass available on those days.
The $15 Summer Day Pass is perfect for weekday trips to the beach, a hike to a new location, or a visit to a local amusement destination or out to a new restaurant. Take an adventure to any of our over 300 EXPLORE destinations across Southern California, all for just $15 per person, per day. The Summer Day Pass makes it more affordable than ever to take the train!
Start by letting us help you plan your trip by checking our schedule here, or by using our Mobile App. Then on the day of your weekday trip, simply purchase a $15 Summer Day Pass.
Next, browse our system map to see where in SoCal we travel, which includes service from Ventura down to Oceanside.
Finally, choose your own adventure:
- Ride one of these bike trails
- Take a trip to the beach
- Check out one of these museums, or
- Go shopping with a friend
- Take a trek on one of these hiking trails
- Enjoy one of these family-friendly activities
At Metrolink safety is our foundational value. As the world continues to change around us, the work we must do to protect your safety evolves and expands. This includes everything from keeping our communities safe from our moving trains to ensuring our riders feel safe and secure throughout their commute with us.
Taking the train is easy and can even be fun! Click here to see a step by step process on how you can take the train to wherever you want to go.
$15 Summer Day Pass FAQ
The $15 Summer Day Pass is a special offer perfect for summer travel Monday through Friday throughout Metrolink’s service area. The ticket provides unlimited system-wide travel for just $15 no matter where you are going. The new $15 Summer Day Pass is a pilot program available from Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, September 1, 2023.
The $15 Summer Day Pass is available all summer beginning Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, September 1.
The $15 Summer Day Pass is its own ticket type. If you qualify for another discount, and know the station pairs for your trip, your other discounted ticket may be less expensive than the $15 Summer Day Pass. It depends on the length of your trip and whether you’ll be making multiple stops along the way. The Summer Day Pass was designed for exploring SoCal to try new destinations on weekdays throughout the summer months.
The $15 Summer Day Pass is valid for transfers to LA Metro as well as other connections. You can find all connection information here.
Children 5 and younger always ride free with a fare paying adult regardless of the ticket type.
Metrolink’s $10 Weekend Day Pass and Kids Ride Free is available on weekends and is a great option for weekend travel for families with children. Kids Ride Free on weekends provides free fare for up to three children, age 17 and under with a fare paying adult.
No. Metrolink tickets and passes are non-refundable and non-replaceable. Please visit metrolinktrains.com/refunds to learn more.