Download the May 22 Schedule
To stay nimble with our changing schedules, we’ve gone digital! We'll be back in July with our printed timetables.
Effective Monday, May 22, we have implemented a schedule update to five trains along the Ventura, Orange County and Inland Empire-Orange County lines.
To better align Metrolink service and three new Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains, please note the following changes:
- Ventura County:
- Saturday train 162 will depart the Ventura-East Station 3 hours and 18 minutes later at 11:33 a.m. This is to provide more options throughout the weekend for Ventura County residents traveling toward Los Angeles. Metrolink passengers can also ride Pacific Surfliner codeshare trains 770 and 784.
- Saturday train 163 is renumbered to 165 and departs LA Union Station 39 minutes later at 5:07 p.m.
- Orange County:
- Weekday train 600 departure times are adjusted earlier at various stations along the route, which shortens the overall trip by nine minutes.
- Upon resumption of service, weekend train 661 is adjusted three minutes earlier departing Oceanside at 8:27 a.m.
- Inland Empire - Orange County:
- Weekend train 857 will operate three minutes earlier at all stops and depart San Bernardino-Downtown at 6:57 a.m.
- All Other Lines: No changes.
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner:
- New trains:
- A769 departs Oceanside at 8:57 a.m., making scheduled stops in LA Union Station then continuing to Ventura-Downtown.
- A790 departs Ventura-Downtown at 5:34 p.m., making scheduled stops in LA Union Station then continuing to Oceanside.
- A587 departs Oceanside at 5:57 p.m. and arrives at LA Union Station at 8:04 p.m.
- Removed trains:
General Schedule Questions
Schedule adjustments occur to improve transit connectivity and synchronize train movements to reduce delays.
No, not all lines will have changes. Adjustments effective May 22 will only affect five trains along the Orange County, Inland Empire-Orange County and Ventura County lines.
No other lines will have any changes.
Ventura, Orange County and Inland Empire-Orange County line adjustments will begin on Monday, May 22.
Currently, we do not know when we will add more service. Metrolink is monitoring our current ridership levels. We continue to assess ridership demands as we consider future schedule changes.